COVID -19: Information
Our highest priority in our operations is health and safety and throughout the crisis we have worked with our staff and our health and safety team to deliver a safe service. We have also invested in PPE for our staff to ensure their safety, and the safety of our residents. We have followed closely, and will continue to follow, the WISH (Waste Industry Safety and Health forum) COVID-19 guidance for delivering waste services safely in the presence of the virus.
As part of our commitment to safety we have written detailed Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work, taking into account the hazards and risks associated with the COVID-19 virus. To view our risk assessment please click here
We confirm we have complied with the governments guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and are following the five steps to safer working together. To view our pledge please click here
Information for Contractors and Visitors
The safety of our employees, suppliers, customers, families and visitors remains our number one priority and we are continuing to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), following the advice of Public Health England and the UK Government.
We have provided all colleagues with extensive guidance in line with the infection control measures recommended by UK Government and continue to update these when new guidance is published.
As such we have introduced the following hygiene measures:
- Ensuring all toilets are adequately stocked and cleaned regularly.
- Prioritising cleaning of vehicles, hard surfaces around work stations and waiting areas.
- Reminding all staff of the importance of good hygiene and frequent hand washing.
- Staff have been advised to refrain from shaking hands.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of the current government guidelines
Please be assured that it is our intention to continue to deliver our best service as normal. To enable this we have put the following contingencies in place.
- Regular action-meetings at a senior level to discuss the unfolding situation.
- Ensuring employees receive regular briefings regarding new operating procedures aimed at protecting our customers, our employees and our business.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure continuity of goods and services.
What we ask from you
Only business critical visitors are permitted at any Ubico Depot at this time.
If you have been asked to visit a depot, please complete the COVID-19 Visitor Questionnaire
We appreciate your support and understanding during these difficult times.
We recently had two of the Ubico workmen in the Village as part of our District Councillors Environmental scheme. Would you please pass on our thanks to them and their supervisors? They did an excellent job and the bank/verge through the village is tidier than it has looked for a very long time.
Mrs E, Upper Oddington