COVID -19: Information
Our highest priority in our operations is health and safety and throughout the crisis we have worked with our staff and our health and safety team to continue to deliver safe service's. We have also invested in additional PPE for our staff to ensure their safety, and the safety of our residents. We have followed closely, and will continue to follow, the WISH (Waste Industry Safety and Health forum) COVID-19 guidance and continue to monitor Government updates for delivering waste services safely in the presence of the virus.
As part of our commitment to safety we have written detailed Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work, taking into account the hazards and risks associated with the COVID-19 virus. To view our risk assessment please click here
We confirm we have complied with the governments guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and are following the five steps to safer working together. To view our pledge please click here
Information for Contractors and Visitors
The safety of our employees, suppliers, customers, families and visitors remains our number one priority and we are continuing to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), following the advice of Public Health England and the UK Government.
We have provided all colleagues with extensive guidance in line with the infection control measures recommended by UK Government and continue to update these when new guidance is published.
As such we have introduced the following control measures:
• Strict social distancing at all our depots
• Depot specific safety rules
• Prioritising cleaning of vehicles, hard surfaces around work stations and waiting areas.
• Reminding all staff of the importance of good hygiene and frequent hand washing.
• Ensuring all staff are aware and receive regular updates of the current government guidelines
What we ask from you
• Only business critical visitors are permitted at any Ubico Depot at this time.
• If you have been asked to visit a depot, please familiarise yourself with and adhere to the site specific safety rules.
• We are assisting the NHS track & trace service and ask you to complete the COVID-19 Visitor Questionnaire before you visit.
• Please wear a face covering at all depots
We appreciate your support and understanding during these difficult times.
Very many thanks forarranging the clean-up on Thursday, it was very impressive to see the way your team tackled the job.
Mr & Mrs Dean, Cheltenham